Sunday, June 5, 2011

4th year anniversary

We celebrated at Tong Yang Hotpot and Barbecue in SM Megamall. The buffet costs 585php per person, but it's pretty marvelous- the experience makes you totally forget about the price you'll have to pay later. There are over 100 buffet items- meats, clams, squid, cuttlefish (my favorite!), all kinds of fish, shrimps, 5 kinds of mushrooms, all sorts of balls and dumplings and dimsum, and there's even sushi and halo halo for dessert. I really enjoyed choosing and getting stuff off the trays!
I admit I got more than we could possibly eat, and it was especially stupid of me to dump two servings of noodles in our soup. We chose the spicy soup stock. The pot had a divider. We decided it was seafood and veggies on one side, and noodles, oysters, mushrooms and egg on the other.
Grilling was really fun. I put chunks of butter and a LOT of garlic on the hot plate. Then after a while I tried all the sauces on the grill too- egg sauce, teriyaki sauce, satay sauce. So there were all kinds of stuff swimming in all kinds of sauces. We couldn't use everything I got, so I just dumped the rest into the soup! Hahaha. They were awesome. I couldn't stop eating! Good thing we didn't get any rice- a decision we made the night before. Our tongues ended up burnt a lot, but that didn't stop us from just continually shoving food into our mouths. We both didn't have any breakfast and lunch (we started at 2PM), so eating like a pig really seemed like a good idea.


With much difficulty, we tried to finish everything. Bibi really tried to finish the noodles I stupidly dumped in. Then like gluttonous idiots, we forced a couple more squid and cuttlefish, our favorites, down our throats, and two rounds of dessert (halo-halo). After a while, we felt really sick. We realized we did nothing but eat for a whopping 2 and a half hours. Good Lord.

I actually took like a 30-minute nap at the Atrium because sickly and sleepy were all I felt. Then after a while- really thirsty. I guess I'm making SM even richer by buying all these SM distilled drinking water from the food stands every other day now. When we both felt significantly better, we spent two hours just walking around the mall. We went to Cyberzone and I fully realized how I want a more powerful laptop by Christmas. And that was it. I went home and he went home. :)

I want to repeat this day again! If only I could rewind it. :D

1 comment:

Eric said...

:) Nice article Bibi!

We'll do this again. Promise.