Sunday, May 29, 2011

the path to God

What is your major turning point in life?

I had one around 6 years ago, and it was the grandest decision I've ever made- to finally live my life MY WAY. Before when I didn't, and only followed as others dictated, I had enough fear in my heart to set me in a depressed mood most days, but slowly, as I became wiser, I had felt the chain around my neck slowly loosening grip. I trudged along in a thick smog, but I can finally say I’ve made it through and I see a clearing. A very irregular clearing, with rocky ground and gnarled brambles, an imperfect, unorganized clearing, but one that has sweet smelling air and sunlit sky.

The most important thing I have learned ever since then was how to genuinely love others. Not because for what they do, but for who they are. I discovered that I can be friends with anyone. 30-something males. Bisexuals. Freaks. Oh, the wonder of it. When ten years ago I felt that the only people I could fit in with are those who were "also chosen”, and the rest you can either pity or scrutinize for not having the same beliefs. I pity myself during that era.

This is the path to God. When you realize that these social differences are artificial, when there is really nothing between you and the stranger who will eventually become your friend, simply because there’s no reason for him not to become one. The path to God is you find your own heaven on earth by creating a circle of love around you, by becoming a person who can accept anything, the bad with the good, the strange with the common. You suddenly realize people can tell you anything, and be themselves while they’re with you, with no fear of rejection. Because rejection is what a lot of people feel. And acceptance heals the soul.

ANYWAY. Now that's a load of shit.

No comments: