Saturday, March 5, 2011

Meg Face Search Winner shoot



I learned a lot during this particular shoot. It was the first one I had where I almost never had a single shot carried out as planned. Before a shoot I do all these steps:

1. I prepare the concept peg. It has to be a series of fashion editorial pictures that tell the "story", which will serve as a guide to the photographer we will be working with.

2. I look at the clothing trend and with the Meg team, brainstorm on what kind of location would best showcase it. Sometimes the factors just really revolve around time, availability and budget.

3. With the help of Grace Libero, our assistant editor, I conduct ocular inspections on a number of possible locations with my in-house photographer / graphic artist Zanti Jimenez and take pictures of all possible backgrounds within each location.

4. I plan poses that match each backdrop AND each outfit.

So, on that day, none of my plans were followed because..

.. it rained. Sara Black was like a girl scout, she just took the situation super-coolly and just made do with whatever background we had at the grounds of Enderun while it persistently drizzled. It was really funny actually, trying to move equipment through the rain. Our shots turned out AWESOME and I don't think they give a slightest hint of the difficulties we encountered that day.

So, as I've said before, before any shoot I need to have it all planned out. Simply for the reason that I have to have something to deviate from. In my job, plans are meant to be broken. :)

For this shoot I wore a vest given to me by Appetite graphic artist Chelsea Lim over a duster I bought from my fashionable aunt, Yvonne Vergara. Picture courtesy of Zanti, as always.

1 comment:

ericdefelix said...

Somebody has already won my search.

...it's you :)