Saturday, March 5, 2011

Meg Face Search Top 10 shoot






Well now that the Meg March issue is officially out, I can share my reflections on the cover shoots we had for it. We had two; one featuring the top 10 girls who won (the winner wasn't revealed yet at the time of the shoot so Phoebe was treated as one of them), and the other, the one featuring the winner (next post).

The Top 10 shoot was a breeze, thanks to the cool efficiency and expertise of Sara Black, our photographer for both shoots. We wanted the girls to look fresh and pretty for their close-up shots. I learned from Sara that you have to know first which angle looks best for the girl's face; some look better with their faces full frontal and some look better at semi-profile. I know you all might say that's really basic, but it's something I never got experiential knowledge in before.

I liked the way Sara directed the girls during their group magazine spread photo. She asked some to have an "action" to do while some to be intentionally stagnant or just smile or lift a limb. It all worked for the dynamism of the photo, and we ended with pictures that look really Teen Vogue-ish. Awesome!

Kudos to our fashion people (fashion editor Teej Nepomuceno and fashion assistant Carla Villanueva) who had to dress up 10 girls for that day, and there were two outfit changes for each of them!

For that shoot I wore a top by Forever 21 and it really sucks cuz I love wearing it so much, it's starting to have a lot of "himulmol" na. I have to go shopping again sometime...

Thank you to Phoebe Rutaquio for these pictures during the shoot.

No comments: