Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Please let me diet

I've gained a lot of weight recently, owing to my obsession to Cheetos Flaming Hot, the grand opening of the Pan de Manila branch downstairs, the crazily heavy Sunday lunches and overflowing soda at my grandma's sister's house, and my fickle willpower.

Today another cause for my diet failure has surfaced in my awareness- virtuous and kind people in the office.

The past few days I've been trying to help out LA Travel magazine, since their graphic artist Lawrence Mistades is currently recovering from a lung scare a week or so ago. It's not that I helped them a LOT, I mean it's only a few layouts, but MC (one of the LAT editors) shoved a McDonald's hot fudge sundae on my face earlier- a token of gratitude. It was then that I realized how Tita Judy has done far more than her, giving me food every so often whether the stuff comes from home or Pan de Manila, or wherever.

And it was also then that I realized how Chelsea, the graphic artist of Appetite, has willingly volunteered to order Serenitea milk tea for everybody, myself included, countless times these past three months or so. AND it is also then that I realized, to my utter HORROR, that on top of all that, my desk is painfully near the Appetite area, and these people always RECEIVE, MAKE, or SHOOT food. And unfortunately need to share whatever they have with everyone before the food spoils.

I realized it is also the fault of all these wretchedly good people!

Woe to this unsuccessful diet! Woe to my enlarged tummy! :( Woe to MEGA PUBLISHING GROUP for being too darn overflowing with food and generosity!!!

Pan de Manila bananamon- yummy. :)

No comments: