Saturday, June 18, 2011

Writing?

Tita Judy wants me to write sometimes for both magazines. Like for the Gift Guide. Or a piece for our BP news page. I don't have any confidence in my writing, which is surely way below "BluPrint level." :( I wonder if I can try?

My cousin Kitkat Torres writes very nicely, and captures the BluPrint style very well. She's written for our Art section a couple of times now. Honestly I don't think I have the chops to write in a very objective, yet still entertaining manner.

Some of our past articles, like the one that was written about Reuben Ramas Canete about the American colonization period, left me in awe. I wish I could write like that. He stated that the Americans instilled discipline and government in our young society not through the use of force, but through beautiful architecture and the installment of community structures. The public bathhouses and city halls did the trick- the Filipinos accepted the Americans.

He was able to get pictures because he is well-connected- he's a UP professor and he has his own architecture firm. Well I don't have connections, or the background, or the knowledge, to back me up in writing for BP. If anything, I suppose the Art section would be a good place to start. But college has been years ago. Kind of shameful that art is my bread and butter, and I'm not sure if I can write about it.

No comments: