Tuesday, April 19, 2011

realize and reminisce

I used to be a part of a religious organization years ago. They interpret the Bible literal-historically. As I was about to leave it, I remember how the leader of that organization tried to scare me about my "church-less future". He told me that I would run into deep misfortune- run into some bad boy and get pregnant and abandoned and fired and alone and broke or get into something illegal.

I now realize how none of his predictions came true. The exact opposite actually happened during the past five years. I started off alone and with nothing, but with hard work and dedication, good things eventually came my way. I built a good portfolio, landed a job in good companies, had a steady climb in salary, and found my way to Mega Publishing Group where (after a lot of time thinking about it) I now plan to stay for good. I got a good, loyal, loving man, have now officially bought a condo where we will eventually live, and have currently no chances of ever getting pregnant (there will be a right time for that).

I now wonder how many people who are still in that organization who are scared of leaving it because of such medievally contrived predictions. Sincerely, honestly, truly, I feel sorry for them. They are missing out on a lot of chances for exploration and success in this life.

I'm a living testimony that God helps those who help themselves. I took a chance and left that organization because I knew that these people's heads were overflowing with logical fallacies, and that there is something the world will offer me that will make me happy and give me a real reason for living. I didn't want to live a life solely based on intangible Biblical concepts. I wanted to SEE things happen the way I want, directly related with the way I WORK HARD. Truth is, I think that's exactly how God wants us to live.

I also didn't want to live my life as dictated by other people, living or dead. Any religious group has the tendency to do that to its members- intrude on their personal lives or preferences.

I've really decided that I will live my life my way. I think it's precisely why God created me. So that I will do what I want with my life and serve others the way I think I was meant to serve. Nobody should know myself more than I do. Nobody should know how I would better utilize my life more than I do. I have ME already, so why do I need to rely on other people's concepts or teachings or ideas? If I am supposed to live dependently on others like that, what is ME for? Seriously?

In this context, I really hate people who force their way on others and claim that God speaks through them for others. I especially hate people who claim that they have God-given "spiritual discernment". WTF? Most of the advice they give just stems from plain common sense and has nothing to do with God. I think it is a horrible crime, to actually use God to adorn your personal reputation or to give you an admirable place in your small society. To be a big fish in a small pond. Sadly, I hung out with such people for some years without having the courage to speak up.

Nobody has monopoly of God. He can speak to anyone. Anyone also has access to and was granted gifts by Him. These dominant "leaders" suppress the personal growth and productivity of other people, who will remain crippled their entire lives, not knowing how, or not being able to think for themselves.

(below is the chorus part of Bon Jovi's song It's My Life, and a screen cap from their music video)
It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
It's my life
My heart is like an open highway
I'd freakin' say I did it my way!
I just want to live while I'm alive
It's my life!


It's your life. Do what you want with it, and in the end, be ready to show God the beautiful output you made out of it. :)

1 comment:

ericdefelix said...

I'm so proud of you. You stood for yourself and fought. As long as you're humble good things will roll. :D