Monday, March 14, 2011

Goodbye, Butters. ;(




Butters my hamster died today and I am so depressed. Thought of writing a poem of farewell.

I'll miss the sunshine on your nose
The frisky legs and little toes
You're short and stout and never grew
I didn't mind, for that was you.

What caused your little eyes to close?
I'll never know, what hurts the most
Are mem'ries of your pain so clear
The past and last few days you're here.

I'd usu'lly get some water fresh
This evening while you take a rest.
Your wooden bedding, food, still there
Though now the cage is still and bare.

I sadly, gently wrapped you tight
In silken tissue, oh how light
Your body, frail and still and small
No breath or life or sign at all.

Goodbye my dearest pumpkin sweets
My cupcake candy twitter tweets
My rose, my tulip toodle-oo
My palm is always missing you!

No comments: